Monday, October 24, 2016

About Me

Hi, everyone!

I am so excited to share my experiences as a BYU Arts Bridge Scholar!  It is an opportunity like no other - to work with a classroom teacher, helping them learn how to implement the arts in their classroom and helping me become a better teacher.  I am so excited to another semester with Arts Bridge!

A little about me:  I am a student at Brigham Young University and I am majoring in Elementary Music Education.  I will also be certified to teach in a regular elementary classroom when I graduate.  For this reason, including the arts in a regular classroom is very important to me.  I'm not sure if I'll be teaching in a regular classroom or a music classroom, but, either way, I hope that I am able to integrate learning across many fields in my teaching.  I was so excited when I learned about the BYU Arts Bridge program, where the goal is to integrate the arts into daily learning of core curriculum.  I hope that by participating in Arts Bridge, I can empower the classroom teacher I work with to confidently integrate music in her classroom on her own and that she will increase in her musical and music-teaching abilities.  I also hope that I can learn more about the core curriculum, gain experience teaching, and specifically work on my classroom management skills.

I look forward to working with my classroom teacher this semester and sharing all about it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment